Butternut Couscous Salad
You’ll be nuts about the flavour!
- 1 cup Couscous
- 100 g Cashew nuts or mixed nuts https://spoilbasket.com/brand/sr-nuts/
- 1 tbsp Mixed seeds
- 1 tbsp Epa! VinHerb Garlic & Feta https://spoilbasket.com/product/epa-vinherb-garlic-feta-glass-jar-260ml/
- 1 tbsp Rio Largo extra virgin olive oil https://spoilbasket.com/product-category/evoo/
- 2 cups Diced Butternut
- 1 cup Boiling water
- 1 cube Chicken stock
- tsp Salt, pepper, nutmeg
- Lightly roast couscous in a pan with some olive oil.
- Dissolve the stock cube in boiling water in a mixing bowl.
- Add couscous into the mixing bowl and only stir once to seperate the couscous.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Pan-fry the butternut cubes with a pinch of salt, black pepper and nutmeg.
- Chop the nuts and add them to the pan. Add the mixed seeds too and lightly roast it.
- Gently mix the EPA! into the couscous and add the nuts, seeds and butternut.